Exactly two weeks ago tomorrow afternoon we arrived at our friend's home in Houston Texas for the Semper Reformanda Conference that GfBC puts on. We are so thankful for the C. family's invitation to stay with them. They welcomed us into their home and made us feel like part of their family. We are so grateful for them and their hospitality to us!!
Lunch time Q&A time
The conference was a huge encouragement and challenge to us in many ways. In the main sessions, (and also the breakout sessions I went to), I was really struck by the emphasis that was placed on prayer. Also, the reverence and care with which they preach the Word and run their church was very refreshing. They really desire to do what would be pleasing to the Lord and not just follow along with what everyone else is doing.
The conference was a huge encouragement and challenge to us in many ways. In the main sessions, (and also the breakout sessions I went to), I was really struck by the emphasis that was placed on prayer. Also, the reverence and care with which they preach the Word and run their church was very refreshing. They really desire to do what would be pleasing to the Lord and not just follow along with what everyone else is doing.
The courtship Q&A session.
"The heavens declare the glory of God" - man created in God's image should be declaring it even more.
Don't let the heavens take over what should be our ministry.
Don't let the heavens take over what should be our ministry.
I must love and cherish Christ and look out and love the elect of Christ.
The greatest gift I can give my children is to pour into them the word of God.
We must be alone with God so He can empower us through prayer.
Our sword is a book and you must know it in order to conform your family to it.
Can you be alone so that God will be the greatest reality in your life?
Give the first part of your day to prayer and the word of God. "I have discovered that my flesh hates praying more than it hates the study of God's word."
You do not adapt the church to the culture. Do church according to the scriptures and not according to your whims.
Ana and me with new friends Elena and Lauren!
Lovely ladies ready for lunch!

No comments:
Post a Comment