....on your bedside table? Do you like to read before you go to sleep? I do! Currently I am reading The Valley of Vision, When Sinners Say 'I Do', and Joyfully at Home. Three excellent books. I also have my Bible and a few devotional books there ready for reading, plus my brown journal, some Young Living essential oils, and a clock and lamp. Good reads and good fragrances to go to sleep by!
I'd love to hear what you have on your bedside table! What books are you reading?
8 comments:
Currently I am reading "Little Dorrit" by Charles Dickens, "I Come Quietly to Meet You" (a compilation of devotionals by Amy Carmichael) and "Passion and Purity" by Elisabeth Elliot. All very good books!!!
These sound like good ones Melanie! I've read "Little Dorrit" (as you know!) and "Passion and Purity", both of which I really liked. I have not heard of the Amy Carmichael one though. Thanks for sharing!
I used to read before going to sleep - reading in bed is the best! I tend to read in the evenings now and at lunchtimes.
I am reading "Prayer" by John Bunyan, "Miracles" by C.S. Lewis and "Planet Narnia" by Michael Ward, all good reads so far!
Wow, I don't think I've heard of any of those books, I will have to look them up! Thank you for taking the time to comment Rachel! God bless!
Wonderful blog! I love it!
Thank you for the encouragement! :)
hey alyssa I realized I did not follow your new blog when I went to see your old one today! whoops! well now I am a follower. I am reading lots of books lately. Hinds Feet to Heaven by hannah hurhard, Peirced by the Word by John Piper, The Patriots History of the United States by schweikart and allen, and The Plymouth Adventure, can't remember the author. But yes lots of reading and I am enjoying it! I love all the ones you are reading as well! I can't wait to get joyfully at home and I can't wait to get that one on marriage sometime as well. Sometimes when I read books it makes me discontent. What are your thoughts while reading when sinners say "I Do"?
In Christ,
Rebecca
Hi Rebecca! Thank you for being a follower! :) (Hmm..that sounds kind of funny, but you know what I mean!)
The books you are reading sound very interesting! Is the Patriots History an older book or a new one? I like history too and I've not heard of this one. "Joyfully at Home" is an excellent book, I highly recommend it! It was encouraging, inspiring and challenging at the same time.
I liked "When Sinners say I do", since a lot of it was about relating to others that we love, so I can apply some of it to my family. Here are a couple quotes:
"To be suspicious of my own heart is to acknowledge two things: that my heart has a central role in my behavior, and that my heart has a permanent tendency to oppose God and His ways."
"Your wicked heart and mine are amazingly similar. They both crave vindication. They want to insist that something else made us sin...something outside of us...beyond our control. Ah - our circumstances!"
I'm not sure if they make as much sense if you haven't read the book. Anyway, I found it to be a good book. :)
God bless you and happy reading!!
Post a Comment