Tuesday, December 7, 2010

In Which is a Birthday


The birthday rose from Dad!


My sisters prepared a delicious meal....
 ....Cashew Turkey and rice!


Ana made Pavlova..with bananas, blueberries...
...and strawberry sauce, for my 'cake'.  It is a very light, airy dessert and quite yummy!


 Smile!!

In the afternoon, we watched the Tribute to the Cathedral Quartet DVD that I had bought a couple months ago and was saving for this very day!  It was quite good!!  
In the evening we played Sequence, and then listened to a CD from the Semper Reformanda conference.  
It was a good birthday. :) 

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy birthday again! ;) HeHe!

What a sweet lovely rose and gift! :) It's a lovely photo too!

I've never had Pavlova, is that like a meringue type dessert? :) That's what it looks like. ;) It looks wonderfully delicious though with the fruit on it! :D Mm, and your birthday dinner sounds splendid too! What sweet sisters! :)

Our family loves playing sequence! :D We play it a lot when my grandmother comes to visit. ;) She loves it too. And you listen/watch the Gaither and cathedral stuff too!?! :D We love them too! :D So neat...I'm finding out more and more our family's have a lot in common. ;) HeHe!

So glad you had a delightful birthday with your family Alyssa! :D

Have a blessed week!
Love and Hugs!
~Rachel~

TaylorGarms said...

Happy Birthday, Alyssa! Looks like you had a beautiful day. So you liked the SSQ Cathedral Tribute? We haven't seen it yet, but hope to sometime!

Blessings!

Taylor

Avonlea_dreamer said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope it was wonderful!!

Alyssa W. said...

Rachel - Thank you again! ;) Yes Pavloa is a meringue shell with whipped cream and fruit in the middle. Delicious!
We recently started playing Sequence more and really enjoy it!! How fun that we like the same music too! :D

Taylor - Thank you so much! Oh yes that Concert DVD was a hit here! I'm pretty sure you all would love it. I wish we lived closer, it would be fun to watch it together! :)

Avonlea_dreamer - Thank you!! It was a very happy birthday!! :)

Elena said...

Happy birthday--again!
Oh, my goodness, pavlova is one of my very favorite desserts! Everything looks so delicious and wonderful; you are blessed, sister :)

Alyssa W. said...

Thank you Elena!! :)

Rachel said...

Happy belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely day :-)

Annette W. said...

A sweet day ...A sweet girl!

Hannah said...

Happy (belated) birthday Alyssa!! It was so much fun visiting with you and your sisters a couple weeks ago. I'm glad you had a great birthday! That dessert looks scrumptious!! :-)

I hope to see you again soon!

God bless,
Hannah

Alyssa W. said...

Rachel - Thank you! I did indeed have a lovely day! :)

Mom - I love you!

Hannah - Thank you! Yes, we really enjoyed visiting with you too, thanks for having us over!


Blessing!!
Alyssa