We've had lovely Indian Summer weather the past few days. These pictures are from last Thursday and already the trees have changed so much. The colors are beautiful this year!
Our neighbor called last week and said she noticed some wild grapes on her fence line and we could come a pick them if we wanted! We love wild grape jam...
...so we went over and picked several ice cream buckets full.
And here are the grapes all washed and ready to make into jam!
3 comments:
Alyssa, do the grapes have seeds you need to worry about? They look beautiful...wondering if they are Concords planted long ago or maybe seed was dropped there by passing birds? I know they grow in Indiana, but haven't found a spot :) Very pretty pictures!!
They are a small wild grape, not as sweet as Concords, and yes, they have (very hard) seeds! I imagine the vines are 'planted' by the birds. :)
I'm glad you liked the pictures! It was such a lovely day!
You are already wearing jackets! I was wearing all week long T-shirts! It was an unusual warm time here, but we enjoyed it very much!
Post a Comment